Are you ready for March Madness! No, I don’t mean boring old basketball! This March you’ll be able to participate in the Sapphire Foxx Waifu Tournament!
How it works:
36 Sapphire Foxx characters will face off in a tournament of daily match-ups from February 25 to March 31. Fans will be able to vote in the daily match for which waifu they want to advance to the next round. The loser of each poll will be eliminated from the tournament. You get to decide who will be crowned as the ultimate Sapphire Foxx Waifu!
How to vote:
Each poll will begin at 11:00 AM Eastern Time (the same time the comic pages come out). Each poll will last for 24 hours.
There will be links to the current poll on the sidebar of the website, and there will be links on the bottom of each day’s comic page. You can also check the results of the previous day’s poll while voting.
- Qualifiers: February 25 to February 28.
- Round One: March 1 to March 16.
- Round Two: March 17 to March 24.
- Quarter Finals: March 24 to March 28.
- Semi Finals: March 29 to March 30.
- Finals: March 31.
Similar characters from the same series will face off in qualifying matches to see which will waifu will earn a place in the tournament. This is to reduce redundancies and to give more representation to our various animations and comics. Each qualifier has a predetermined seed. The Qualifiers will run from February 25 to February 28 in this order:
- New York Qualifier: Caroline V Brooke. Winner will be fifth seed in the East
- Seattle Qualifier: Jessica V Christina. Winner will be twelfth seed in the West
- Mysteria Qualifier: Leena V Nikki. Winner will be fourth seed in the West
- Maine Qualifier: Zoey V Gaela. Winner will be second seed in the East
Both the regular and Beyond sites will have their own polling. Because the polling will be separate, it’s very likely we’re going to see two different brackets unfold on each site, with potentially a different champion on each site.
The Champion will be earning a grand prize, with semi-finalists each earning additional prizes. These prizes will be kept secret until after the tournament, so that they won’t influence voting. The Champion and final four on the Beyond site will have their own rewards as well.
That’s all! I hope you’re all looking forward to this Waifu Madness as much as I am. Tune in on February 25th when the tournament begins!